Feeling overwhelmed by your finances?
Ask to speak with one of our Certified Financial Counselors.
We provide one-on-one counseling that helps you reach your financial goals. Let us help you:
- Develop a budget and savings plan
- Review your credit report
- Set financial goals
Make an appointment today!
Call: 804-452-0736 ext. 114
You may need these items for your first consultation:
- Last 3 months of bank statements
- Proof of all sources of income in the household
- Mortgage Statement (association fees, property taxes and home insurance) or Rental Agreement
- Utility Statements
- Loan Statements
- Credit Card Statements
- Other debts or bills
- Copy of your credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com
Learn more about budgeting.
Visit our Budgeting & Credit section for tips, videos, articles, online programs and more.
Need debt management assistance?
If you are experiencing any of the following circumstances, you may benefit from speaking with our debt counseling partner, GreenPath.
- Difficulty with paying your mortgage
- Many outstanding debts, constant collection calls
- Difficulty re-paying student loans
- You see no way out of debt & are considering bankruptcy
Debt Management Plan
If this is a viable option for you, GreenPath can set up a payment plan with your creditors to potentially eliminate collection calls, reduce interest and eliminate fees. This isn’t debt settlement. You would pay the entire principal balance, while paying less interest with one affordable deposit to GreenPath. GreenPath pays your creditors on time. Reduced interest and fees enable you to pay the entire principal balance more quickly while saving thousands of dollars in interest.
Help With Housing Issues
GreenPath can help you explore options for avoiding foreclosure, including contacting your mortgage servicer if necessary. We also offer pre-purchase education and reverse mortgage counseling.
Student Loan Debt Counseling
If you have student loans, we can help you make an informed decision on how to proceed. A GreenPath expert will work with you to explore options and create a plan for your financial success.